Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
(01-03-2015, 12:22 PM)Mystie Wrote: How was the story of X and Y bad? It had the darkest story out of any Pokemon game! I actually questioned how it was even a Pokemon game or an E-rated game.

How it was an E-rated game? ...what?

The story of X and Y was pretty bad though. No lie Team Flare looked cool, but

Time to fight my friendly rival oh wait nope now I've got a crew to worry about that foots in a bunch of tropes
  • braniac
  • fat kid
  • girl
  • the only OK one is your opposite gender
  • why are all of my rivals so friendly where the hell is gary

Lysandre complains that the world is going to shit, and if things keep going on we'll have overcrowding, war, etc.
  • meanwhile Kalos is all these lavish nice plains and vast landscapes. overcrowding? on what? those lush mountains you'll still have tons of room for houses on?
  • There's diversity in the Pokemon world now. Gym leaders aren't the only people who are ethnically diverse (well, they weren't in BW either)
  • everyone you talk to mentions how much they love their pokemon
  • nothing is wrong
  • it's all in Lysandre's head

Lysandre's solution to this problem, rather than use Pokemon to help others, unearths a giant death ray to kill everyone on earth
  • Lysandre decides to solve these issues with genocide
  • man...what a dick
  • The ending plays out as if tragic; even though the whole time he meant well, but then became this crazy, power-hungry cartoon villain. the problem is that it ISN'T tragic. Lysandre is just a lunatic

Now, what if Lysandre won?
  • All that's left are his comedic-relief Team Flare grunts who are of absolutely no danger
  • 99% of the world is wiped out
  • He's a billionaire? Cool. I'm sure that'll really be helpful in a world where 99% has just been wiped out

Bottom line: Team Flare wasn't really treated with respect and didn't quite have the aspect of humanity that Team Plasma did in BW. Instead, they're just dopey cartoon villains.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by Kosheh - 01-03-2015, 02:50 PM