Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa
I didn't have a fun time with Kirby's Dream Land 3 for a number of reasons.  Kirby's movement felt very clunky and slippery, the level design has one too many "one and done" situations, it's nigh impossible to complete some the heart challenges since the game doesn't tell you the objective (unless you use a guide), and there are a bunch of sections where dozens of enemies are whaling at you left and right, with the aforementioned clunky controls and short post-damage invincibility time amplifying the frustration greatly.  The only things about that game I can praise are the soundtrack, the visuals, the animal friends mechanic, and the co-op mode with Gooey.  

With all of that, I have to say that Dream Land 3 is probably the only Kirby game that I have played (to date) which I legitimately do not like.  I even think Dream Land 2 is the superior title.

As for vice versa, Mario Party 9 deserves a mention.  People seem to bash that game for the "everyone moves at the same time"  mechanic and that mechanic alone, ignoring everything else... and that ain't really fair.  I thought it was a pretty good game; the minigames were some of the best in the series, the boss battles were fun, and while I didn't like how the boards were linear, they were pretty elaborate and full of cool stuff to do.  I didn't even mind the car and mini-star mechanics, as I felt that they made the pace of a game move a bit quicker and the results closer.  Plus, after 8 or so Mario Party games using the same exact formula, the series really did need something new to shake things up.
Thanked by: recme

Messages In This Thread
RE: games you dislike that everyone likes and vice versa - by MrYoshbert - 01-01-2015, 06:03 PM