Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Legend of Zelda U - Epona has tree support!
Too much.

Too much open space.

It was never the vastness of the space that made Zelda games fun to traverse, it was the characteristics of each area. Everything we've seen so far just looks like the same copy-pasted environments for miles. What unique landmarks there are all seem to be hidden in the grass, taking a back seat for the player to behold the game's "beauty".

In Majora's Mask you weren't just running through fields and forests of a generic type... Even when you were just scaling a mountain, for example, it was broken into definable sections. The section with three hills connected by rickety bridges and plagued with Wolfos, the section of twisting ridges surrounding the city, the base and river where the blacksmiths forge, the treacherous and windy road to the ice dungeon.

This is beauty and vastness with nothing unique to fill the space. It's travel for the sake of travel. I hope I'm wrong, but it sure isn't looking like I will be. And the multiple interviews suggesting they want the game to feel more like Skyrim and other "open-world" titles is extremely discouraging.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Legend of Zelda U - Epona has tree support! - by Kriven - 12-06-2014, 10:22 AM