Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Doing Sonic 1-sized, Sonic 1-visual-styled sheets for other characters than Sonic
[Image: HfknSBQ.png]

I've been slowly sheeting some stuff, nothing too exciting to show since it's mostly recolouring and editing and correcting Chaotix sprites (which are great in posing but awful in polish- I thought I'd be removing polish to make them fit this style, instead I've sometimes been improving them). When I get tired of that though, I've gone and spritten another character- some are just basic recolours and edits (and that Gerald was for a laugh), some like Omega are full customs.

Here's some neat nonsense about how I got Omega's size, incidentally, together with the sizes of the Zeti which are lined there to indicate they'll be next. Sonic is meant to be one meter tall, and he's 39 pixels tall. That makes circa 2.5 cm per pixel.
Eggman is 1.85 meters tall, and 59 pixels tall. That makes circa 3cm per pixel.

In other words, the taller the character, the more compressed the pixels are in relation to real-world measurements, at least when having Sonic and Eggman in a scale.

This means that I wasn't happy calculating sizes just based on Sonic, as that meant that Gamma, for an example, would be 78 pixels tall and tower over Eggman when he's only supposed to be some 30 cm taller than Eggman.

So instead I got the help of a mathematician friend and we ended up devising an equation on Wolfram alpha where I just change the initial value (size in cm) and it gives me the size in pixels, corrected to account for the exponential compression between sonic and eggman :V

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=150...2F9204%29x
Thanked by: Dolphman, Virt

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doing Sonic 1-sized, Sonic 1-visual-styled sheets for other characters than Sonic - by The KKM - 11-25-2015, 11:32 PM