Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tabuu's Models - New Mario character model!
If you do it like that, then. It's better to have "bend points" on the model so that the area that is moving looks better with animation. usually done on legs like the example I did a few days below.

[Image: jnd1OS7.png]

As for consistent meshwork, this is probably a decent example, too. As the quads are arranged in a fashion where they are placed equally. This is actually a few stacked and manipulated 8-sided low-poly cylinders subsurfed a bit. While intense subsurfs are not recommend for models made for games, they do give clean mesh topology when applied. Which makes it easier than making a high poly mesh from scratch. (NOTE: Do not subsurf on meshes that are made from tris than quads, as it results in messier meshwork while subsurfing)

The bend point I made is actually just a quick bevel made from edge select that was edited. This emulates a knee pretty well, and is pretty much the standard for using bend points.

Generally, the part that expands more on when the armature bends the mesh should be the higher poly part, so in this case, it'd be the bottom of his tail.

I've made a quick tail mesh from extruding and scaling circles below. I beveled out the "bend points" so that they'll bend better if the tail is bent up. I did this as high poly via the same method as making the leg mesh above with applying a subsurf. Took about 5-10 mins.

[Image: KnrgugW.png]

Even being bent via an armature that has an IK applied to its bone, the overall mesh doesn't deform that bad when the tail IK is selected, and you bend the rigged model as much as possible.

[Image: 7zXhSQk.png]
I like to make models in my free time. I also make weird games, too.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tabuu's Models -K Rool new version, back from the dead! - by Filler - 08-06-2017, 10:43 AM