Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gardow's pixels of knights and dinosaurs - gif heavy
So while ago I made a sprite of a Shovel Knight themed Batman dubbed "The Dark Knight" and decided to have another go at it recently. At first, I tackled it in that "Super" Shovel Knight style I've become used to.

[Image: thedarkknight_by_gardow-d9jgts0.gif]
I am the clunky night.

And then it hit me. For how much love I throw at this game, I've never actually tried to sprite in the official style. I've even had debates with friends about why I feel a Shovel Knight sequel should remain 8-bit rather than take the Super route, and yet that's all I ever did myself. So then this happened.

[Image: the_dark_knight_by_gardow-d9jhgc8.gif]
I'm not the OC this fandom deserves, but I'm the one I could come up with at 4AM.

Personally, I like this one a lot more. It's got everything the 16-bit take has without the mess. After this, I remembered I had made another fan-knight not that long ago.

[Image: cannonknighttest_by_gardow-d9jsr9k.gif]
C'mon Shovel Knight he's right there, just bounce on his head!

Again, I like the outcome a lot more, even if the Super versions are shinier and all that. The big blast and cannon ball come straight from the game, as I tried to keep in line with the cannons you run into in the Flying Machine. There's no real conclusion here, have a nice day? Lets go with that, have a nice day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gardow's pixels of knights and dinosaurs - by Gardow - 12-11-2015, 07:07 PM