Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Livin' la vida Numa (Goodbye, deviantArt)
Hey, these are just a few of the things I've learned over my life- Also listen to Starsocks, she has said some amazing pieces of advice as well.

If you can see you have an actual problem with something DON'T BE AFRAID TO SEEK OUT HELP like for example you've noticed you're really bad with wanting to be on the internet all the time, acting differently, and being sensitive in general. I don't mean this in anyway but a good way, but have you tried seeking help from a Therapist? As someone who has massive Depression and Anxiety issues, this was literally the greatest thing I've ever done to help myself and am now on proper medication and stuff that helps me function like how I should. I don't function like a robot, and am generally the same person but I'm hella less pessimistic, and generally am not bad at dealing with others.

Also Talents and Hobbies are two different things. Making your hobby into your talent requires a lot of practice and work, and realizing that you will NEVER finish learning and that you can ALWAYS improve. Particularly when it comes to art, there will always be something for you to strive for, and if there wasn't it would become boring, wouldn't you think? I would never want to think I'm the best at anything, because then it ruins it for me.

The biggest thing you might have problems with is transitioning from Deviantart to The Video Game Resource. Keep in mind this community is a really great place, I've been coming here for 10 years now and it's the only online community I've ever been able to stick with and stay with. What I really love about this place is the people who go here, we care about the things we do as well as eachother and we only really want to see one another grow into what we want to do. But at the same time you can't walk all over anyone. We can see through people who don't want to try and thus tend to have less patience with them. Don't expect to get praised for your work here, Expect us to help you get better.

This isn't things I normally admit to newbies but I have both Physically and Mentally a lot wrong with me, I'm Trans, I have Crohn's Disease, I have a rare birth defect with my lungs that could kill me, I have chronic depression, anxieties that cause me panic attacks when I should be enjoying myself instead, and its a lot for me to handle sometimes. I never use any of these things as an excuse as to why I act a certain way or as to why I can't do something I consider a hobby, even though I'm in pain like 95% of the time, I don't let that stop me. The more you use whats wrong with you as an excuse to explain something away, the more you're letting yourself hold you back from your true potential. Don't do that. It's not worth it and prevents you from actually enjoying your life. Please take it from me, your weaknesses don't make you weak, it's you submitting to your weaknesses that does.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Livin' la vida Numa (Goodbye, deviantArt) - by Maxpphire - 11-03-2014, 03:59 AM