Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Livin' la vida Numa (Goodbye, deviantArt)
Okay what I got from this (I didn't read it all) (because really who could)

1) You take yourself too seriously. I was like that when I was younger, but it pretty much just makes you super annoying and impossible to become friends with, and my life became a lot better after I figured that out. It's absolutely worth re-evaluating some of your behavior and the way you come across to other people. Being genuine and level-headed is a lot less off-putting than being flippant and overly-excited.

2) You don't understand the difference between the kind of venting that's okay (aka with people you've known for a decent period of time, in a more calm, earnest and conversational way) from the kind of venting that's not okay and is likely to just make people bully you and then make you feel even worse (aka with people you've just met, by throwing text walls in a one-sided manner, filling it with excuses for obnoxious behavior we should expect in the future, and ranting about drama that no acquaintance can possibly be expected to care about )

3) Bringing outside drama out into the open, which pretty much screams "give me attention! give me sympathy! agree with me on this issue!" but really, NOBODY wants to know about a previous beef between you and E-man. That sort of issue is hopelessly petty, and it's really awkward and kind of embarrassing to see it brought up in a public place that has no association to the issue whatsoever, except for the fact that the person you're talking about happens to go here, which just makes it more awkward and embarrassing and kind of really rude on your part. The regular userbase here consists of a lot of adults. You're going to have a hard time here if you can't adapt to that and start rather quickly becoming self-aware to notice how obnoxious you are.

That's not to say that you can never try to complain about anything or express some of your woes or whatever. You just do it in the most impossible to sympathize with way possible. If you're used to people reacting negatively towards you when you're trying to get support, that's probably why. That's something you're going to have to think about.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Livin' la vida Numa (Goodbye, deviantArt) - by StarSock64 - 11-03-2014, 01:00 AM