Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's Your Favorite Kirby Ability?
I think the problem a few of you are having is labeling Kirby 64 as a 3D platformer.

It isn't one.

It's a 2D platformer that uses 3D graphics that takes advantage of using the 3D visuals to get creative with the camera angles and backgrounds.

Perhaps TOO creative to the point where it causes that on rails feel, but regardless.

The entire game could probably be duplicated on an SNES (possibly an NES) using flat 2D resources like all the previous Kirby titles, and there would be next to no need to change how it played at all, physics included, with the possible exception of the final final challenge, which might require some tweaking to work right in not 3D.

I think that Kirby 64 was one of the pioneers of the 2.5D though... so it could just be they needed some more practice and stuff.

(I just want the Kirby 64 cast to show up again... I want Adeliene and Ribbon to return...)
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
What's Your Favorite Kirby Ability? - by eureka - 10-13-2014, 02:54 PM
RE: What's Your Favorite Kirby Ability? - by Terminal Devastation - 10-23-2014, 08:26 PM