Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's Your Favorite Kirby Ability?
(10-21-2014, 12:05 AM)Jermungandr Wrote: Kat I have no idea what you're even getting at any more. Is your grievance that it's a game that utilizes 3D models and environments but is still just a sidescrolling platformer? I take it then that you also disliked the Kirby Wii and 3DS titles? Also a safe bet that you did not like any of the New Super Mario games, Sonic Rush, or the recent Donkey Kong Country installments?

I can understand if you didn't like the game because of its aesthetics or because of the game mechanics such as the copy mixing or because of the game's slow pace in comparison to most Kirby games, but complaining that you can only move across a plane parallel to the screen like you do in literally every Kirby adventure game ever seems either arbitrary or that you really just don't remember the game that well in which case it's probably not good idea to be dissing on it in the first place.

Like I said I can understand if that particular game didn't appeal to everyone, but your reasons are just ... perplexing.

Ok maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough, but even in most 3D platformers you're still given a little room to be able to control the character "freely"

Like you can move side to side as well as back and forth, so it is actually possible for you to miss jumping on a platform, as well as if you are playing multiplayer like in the new mario games, you're not moving in a single solitary line with everyone but you're moving around others and trying to get to the end with everyone or without depending on the game.

Crystal Shards wasn't like that. Kirby was on a specific track. Unless there is another Kirby 64 game that I'm missing, which if there is I apologize, but it didn't feel natural to control Kirby.

Basically think of controlling a Train on a Train track, you can't deviate from the tracks because trains don't move like that. It felt as if they had the same thing for Kirby in mind.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that platformers go from one end in to the other. It has to do with the fact that Kirby couldn't move freely with the stage he was on. The only other platformer that I can think of that does this that isn't 2D is Paper Mario, of which I really liked because it actually felt natural for a piece of paper to move in a singular track for the most part because he is flat, and the perspective the game has shows only one camera angle and thus it felt natural. It was like Paper Mario wanted to be a 2D Platformer but with using sprites for the characters and 3D backgrounds to make the characters stand out more and thus acted as such, which made it feel very natural and moved with the actual Rhythm of the game and made sense. Meanwhile with Kibry and it's Dynamic Camera Angles (which was cool and all) and the fact that they showed Kirby to not be a 2D character but indeed a 3D character in a 3D setting, but continued to have him move as a 2D character which makes no sense, and ruins the flow of the game for me.

I hope this explains it better.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: Tellis

Messages In This Thread
What's Your Favorite Kirby Ability? - by eureka - 10-13-2014, 02:54 PM
RE: What's Your Favorite Kirby Ability? - by Maxpphire - 10-21-2014, 07:40 PM