Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's Your Favorite Kirby Ability?
I admit that I am not the biggest fan of the cgi cutscenes however I feel it is more for nostalgic reasons than anything else in my case. I do not think the cgi actually looked bad, I'm just fond of the sprited look of the originals.

Aside from that, though, the KSSU update is vastly superior to the original SNES game, and that's coming from someone who has completed the original more times than there are days in a year. The visual aesthetics alone are a fantastic improvement. I mean the original seemed to look good at the time, but you go back and look at it nowadays and I mean ... yikes. It's not bad but it's definitely not one of the best looking SNES games out there. And I'm not just talking about sprites either, the backdrops alone were significantly improved.

But even outside visual aesthetics there were so many great additions to the game. Revenge of the King, Meta Knightmare, and Helper to Hero were all fantastic additions, and so were the new minigames that they added which were surprisingly fun after so many years of Kirby games with only "meh" minigames; and the minigames from the original are still present too! We got better translations, improved physics (although most people who aren't super into the original might not have even picked up on that as it's not really that noticable), more easter eggs (stone ability eat your heart out), improved AI for partners (if you actually choose to use them), not to mention new challenging bosses such as the ever popular Galacta Knight and Marx Soul.

It's honestly one of the few "remakes" I've played that honestly did a fantastic job of really bringing back what you love about the original game while still being much more than just a simple visual upgrade with few frills. The only other game that really comes to mind for me to compare it to would be Metroid Zero Mission for the GBA.

Though on the flipside, the GBA remake of Kirby's Adventure was complete shit and I hate its existence.
Thanked by: eureka, recme

Messages In This Thread
What's Your Favorite Kirby Ability? - by eureka - 10-13-2014, 02:54 PM
RE: What's Your Favorite Kirby Ability? - by Jermungandr - 10-21-2014, 12:39 AM