Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Time Dilation
I've heard about it and yeah, basically time passes quicker the more you're near speed of light.

Unfortunately, if anything were to move on such speed of 30,000 km/s (which means it'd go around the earth three times in just 4 seconds), the attrition caused by air would be so much that it would literally burn it into dust.

Interestingly, as you said, time passes quicker when you're near speed of light, but what if you can achieve a faster speed, such as black holes, whose gravitational force is so high that not even light, with its massive speed, can't overcome it? If there were two people, A and B, near a black hole, and B decided to enter it, A would see him entering slowly until B has touched the hole's boundary, where he is automatically sucked by gravity. The image of the last moment of B entering the hole will stay visible for A, while becoming reddish in hue (a phenomenon known as Redshift; which is the visual equivalent of the Doppler Effect, that weird distortion you hear in sound when a car in movement is playing a sound). As for B, he will not be able to see A anymore as the light reflecting off from A will be all distorted with the massive gravitational force, but if he could, he would be able to see A withering and dying almost instantly, as well as seeing Earth end, and other weird oddities. Time inside the black hole passes absurdly fast, and even if B survived in there, he wouldn't be able to leave it or send any data out from the hole, being trapped in a point of no return (also known as Event Horizon). Which is unfortunate, because if someone could enter a black hole and send data from it, we would be able to know how a black hole behaves from inside, which would solve a shitton of science's current problems and unsolved physics questions.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Koh, Maxpphire

Messages In This Thread
Time Dilation - by Koh - 10-07-2014, 04:47 AM
RE: Time Dilation - by Gors - 10-07-2014, 06:07 AM
RE: Time Dilation - by Raccoon Sam - 10-07-2014, 06:26 AM
RE: Time Dilation - by Rosencrantz - 10-07-2014, 09:39 AM
RE: Time Dilation - by Gors - 10-07-2014, 09:48 AM
RE: Time Dilation - by Rosencrantz - 10-07-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: Time Dilation - by Gors - 10-07-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Time Dilation - by TomGuycott - 10-07-2014, 12:20 PM