Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
WIP all over the place need opinions
Well I'm fairly new to free form pixel art...much more new to nature pixel art. let's jump in!

[Image: foliage.png]
this is the first coloration and the fruition of many hours on a late Wednesday afternoon.

[Image: F47PgfE.png]
[Image: htYdW9g.png] (#2 has lower color count)
I proceded to do a few color swaps and hue shifts....I added some yellow into the original (sorta...). I still don't know which is the one I like...or people will like most.

[Image: fAOCgQ5.png] [Image: ur7MrhL.png] (#2 has lower color count)
I then shaved shapes out of the larger shapes in order to create a bush(?) as well as smaller plumage

[Image: QSMMRjL.png] [Image: ZVbw71x.png] (#2 has lower color count)
I want to make trees have the ability to be cut down, so the best way to start actually making the tree live was make the dead tree

[Image: W6pYHif.png]
[Image: FeK4VOM.png] (#2 has lower color count)
I extended the tree and tried my best to keep the core color pattern...obviously the colors are temporary (I can't find colors I like any suggestions?)...it is super "pixelated" and needs variations added so it's not so boring.

[Image: I48E6wj.png]
I then decided to throw some of my leaves together and layered them making the back 15 points darker and the far front 15 points lighter... it looks nice, but I'm lightly sad that the branches were mostly lost.

I want to create 4 direction based fallen versions....and eventually make wind animations (direction based as well)

[Image: ore_display.png]
this is supposed to be varying amounts of iron ore

[Image: Qb61fb7.png]
just took my ore colors and started layering colors added two more colors and as little detail...a basic golem was born... not sure how to bring it to life...idk about a face....maybe some "magic" should be holding it together....blue or green would work best for that. idk (minable golems?)... I'm going to revert him to a rock pile first see if he looks decent
[Image: t4mQHHV.png]
there we go...still needs work, but this is becoming pretty decent I feel

[Image: jSOoq5j.png]
[Image: 9JsIsrL.png]
this is the first piece of a system of wind powered ship sails...this is a very carefully made piece

[Image: nw9dpsN.png] [Image: lGn3Gfu.png] (#2 has lower color count)
my second piece of work in the wind controlled series and it is pretty okay I think

These pieces were particularly difficult for me and I need some C+C
[Image: ZIGE5FE.png]

Messages In This Thread
WIP all over the place need opinions - by golbez22 - 10-03-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: WIP all over the place need opinions - by Koh - 10-08-2014, 11:09 PM
RE: WIP all over the place need opinions - by Koh - 12-12-2014, 02:48 PM