Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[TUTORIAL] Model Ripping Guide For Beginners (.BRRES Format) [Last Updated: 8/5/2012]
This is a repost of the old thread. I haven't updated it since then, so there are parts that are outdated. I will try to update it periodically, so please bear with me. As always, feedback is welcomed!

I've finally written a (hopefully) complete, in-depth tutorial on ripping and exporting .BRRES format models and getting them ready for submission. This guide walks you through the process of extracting models out of ISO (game) files using the Dolphin emulator, exporting models with BRRES Viewer and Noesis, and more so that anyone who would like to start ripping models, but aren't sure where to start can learn. Hopefully my instructions are easy to follow, I tried to be as detailed as possible. If you have any problems/questions about anything in this guide, then feel free to ask me by either PM-ing me or posting in this thread. Have fun with the wonderful .BRRES format! (Note: Whenever I post about updates made to the guide, everything that is changed will be in bold.)

BELOW IS OUTDATED INFORMATION WHICH I WILL EDIT IT LATER. PLEASE DISREGARD IT FOR NOW.
Now after you save that, you're done aside from making the preview and icon. Icon Maker V3b isn't much different from V1, you can just pick between sprite icons, model icons and previews, and texture icons (click "Load Image" or Ctrl + L to import images. With the newest revision, you can now load or drag and drop your saved model renders in the Icon Maker and they'll keep their transparency!).

So that's it! You're now ready to submit BRRES format models to the Models Resource! Big Grin I hope all this was useful to you and thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions or you spot something amiss in this guide, please feel free to make a post or PM me about them.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]

Messages In This Thread
[TUTORIAL] Model Ripping Guide For Beginners (.BRRES Format) [Last Updated: 8/5/2012] - by Garamonde - 09-23-2014, 11:53 AM