Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
This Five Nights At Freddy's Craze
My mistake, I'm learning to make the opening post of discussion threads neutral to entice people who both like and dislike the subject to post in.

Five Night's At Freddy's is a currently trending viral horror game. The theme is switching cameras to try and catch the animatronics looming around. You never move from your position though, you just stay in one room.

As for my views on this game...

I have yet to play it, but from all I've seen of it through videos, I'm not enticed to either.

The game is basically those gimmicky FMV Sega CD games Night Trap and Double Switch, with derpy-looking animatronics, that relies too heavily on jumpscares....not that I've found anything scary in the first place. Having been steeled by Resident Evil 3 on the PS1 when I was a very young kid, most horror things don't scare me. In fact, what usually ends up happening at the supposed scary parts is me laughing at the pure absurdity of the situation, if I'm not annoyed by the sounds the monsters make at an attempt to be scary.

I keep seeing threads and fan art all over the place talking about how innovative the game is...when the whole gameplay style has already been done quite a few times before. The only thing they added was a usage limit on the cameras. There's about as much gameplay here as the aforementioned Sega CD games; you just sit around and wait for things to happen, pressing a button when the time seems right. In other words, it's a giant Quick Time Event game, and these kinds of games aren't my cup of tea.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
This Five Nights At Freddy's Craze - by Koh - 09-06-2014, 08:22 AM
RE: This Five Nights At Freddy's Craze - by Koh - 09-06-2014, 03:27 PM
RE: This Five Nights At Freddy's Craze - by Koh - 09-06-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: This Five Nights At Freddy's Craze - by Koh - 09-06-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: This Five Nights At Freddy's Craze - by E-Man - 09-06-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: This Five Nights At Freddy's Craze - by Helmo - 09-07-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: This Five Nights At Freddy's Craze - by Ploaj - 09-07-2014, 08:17 PM
RE: This Five Nights At Freddy's Craze - by E-Man - 09-07-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: This Five Nights At Freddy's Craze - by E-Man - 09-07-2014, 09:25 PM