Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
New forum feature! [blackout] Tags
Interesting.
I don't know what code is causing that to happen, but I know why it's happening.
Psychospacecow put the blackout tags around the entire spoiler box, rather than just the label or what's inside.

In other words, he did this
Code:
[blackout][spoiler]text[/spoiler][/blackout]
when it should be like this
Code:
[spoiler=[blackout]spoilername[/blackout]][blackout]text[/blackout][/spoiler]

The reason it's happening is because due to the way the feature works, it makes it so that anything between the tags is turned white when you click. Because he put the entire spoiler box inside the blackout tags, it counts you clicking on it to open it also as a click to turn all the text white. So on white skins, the text seems to disappear because it's turning white since the entire spoiler box counts as a clickable region for blackout.
In other words, if you want to blackout a spoiler, blackout the label and the content inside separately rather than trying to put the entire spoiler inside a single tag.

As far as fixing the issue goes, the spoiler function is actually a plugin rather than custom bbcode like my blackout code is and I don't even want to BEGIN trying to mess with that stuff, particularly because I don't want to break anything. Honestly though, I don't really consider it enough of an issue to bother doing anything about since it was due to incorrect tagging anyway.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New forum feature! [blackout] Tags - by Gors - 09-05-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: New forum feature! [blackout] Tags - by Gors - 09-05-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: New forum feature! [blackout] Tags - by Vipershark - 09-06-2014, 04:19 PM