Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: What size should the tiles be?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
16x16 (ready to use: means less work for the person who's using it, but more sprites would be made)
66.67%
2 66.67%
8x8 (orignal format on the game: more work for the person who uses it, but less sprites would be on the sheets)
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Zelda: The Minish Cap Tile Ripping Proyect
(09-05-2014, 10:14 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: I've never played the game so I don't know too much about it, but with this method, someone will be able to create a program that takes decompressed SGM as input and spews out full tilesets of the area in question.

*rubs hands together*

You may have already noticed, but I love making programs that do byte-level stuff. It's just so fun and interesting to take binary data and turn it into proper, usable results. Not to mention it's good experience and practice.

I'll get to work on this!

EDIT: I'm looking at your explanation more carefully now and I get pretty much all of it. I want to make sure of something though; at 0x1FC7F there are $200 bytes of palette data, BGR555 means 2 bytes per colour, and hence $100 colours total. I assume that there are $10 palettes, with $10 colours each (because $10 x $10 = $100), and that the 4-bit value in those two-byte tile values refers to one of those palettes, and that each 4bpp pixel refers to a colour in that palette.
Is this correct? It probably is but I figured I'd check I'm seeing this right.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Miles07

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zelda: The Minish Cap Tile Ripping Proyect - by puggsoy - 09-05-2014, 07:09 PM