Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Supporter Membership!
Fair enough, and I certainly see where you're coming from there. My (personal) issue with that plan is that, should I spend the time to develop such a feature, I wouldn't want to lock it away behind a pay wall. I feel that any new feature that improves the site should be available to everyone, not just a select group. It's that way of thinking that makes it difficult to justify any sort of "gold" account and limits perks to non-functional elements like ads.

I didn't really take your post as criticism though I'll admit I may have misunderstood your intentions a bit on that first read through. Your ideas aren't bad by any means - they would just wind up being incorporated into the overall feature set rather than being a premium perk if they were implemented.

I realize this mentality does make selling the subscriptions a little harder but I think it's the right way to go about things and this was never entirely about direct income anyway - it's just to give people a non-AdBlock method of removing ads that doesn't hurt the site in the process.

Edit: When referring to features here, I'm talking about things like multi-sheet uploads and tagging. Obviously, things like a forum icon or profile customization are non-functional as well and could be implemented.
Thanked by: Dazz, psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
Supporter Membership! - by Dazz - 08-31-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: Supporter Membership! - by -ΒΌ- - 09-01-2014, 07:00 AM
RE: Supporter Membership! - by Dazz - 09-01-2014, 07:12 AM
RE: Supporter Membership! - by Petie - 09-01-2014, 08:10 AM
RE: Supporter Membership! - by Kosheh - 09-02-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Supporter Membership! - by Petie - 09-02-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: Supporter Membership! - by Dazz - 09-02-2014, 11:32 AM
RE: Supporter Membership! - by Fawfulthegreat64 - 10-22-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: Supporter Membership! - by Dazz - 10-22-2014, 12:56 PM