Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Realistic" Color Vs Versatile Color
I think I've already mentioned that regardless of the color choice I prefer if they are done effectively. If that means brown brown as far as the eye can see, a rainbow everywhere, bright as day, or so dark you can only see two inchs in front of your face, I approve.

With that said, sometimes I see games pass up the chance to mix things up a bit.

Just because I'd like a horror game that is vibrant, doesn't I think that the ones that aren't should be.
Most horror games unsettle through use of restrictive vision and dark colors and that's fine. Its just its entirely possible to camouflage monsters in bright rooms and unsettle with bright colors though. I mean, somehow people find clowns are creepy even in bright lights and they are VERY colorful.
(its sort of hard to discuss this indepth without derailing this into a what makes a good horror game thread, so I'll stop here)

I'd like to see more experimentation, thats all.

As for Dead Space: It's not that visually dark a game, so I'm not complaining about that game. Well Dead Space 2 at least. There's color where there should be color, and you can usually see well enough.
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
"Realistic" Color Vs Versatile Color - by Koh - 08-20-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: "Realistic" Color Vs Versatile Color - by Koh - 08-21-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: "Realistic" Color Vs Versatile Color - by Terminal Devastation - 08-21-2014, 10:36 PM