Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Realistic" Color Vs Versatile Color
Honestly, there's games that actually add brown to everything, and there there are games that are just not "SUPER NES" vibrant. And the latter gets too much flak for being "brown" when they are just not... bright and super colorful.

What I think tends to go wrong is they are trying to bring a color/lighting scheme from the real world that the glowing screens and monitors can't quite get right, because they, well glow. (this happens in reverse too! I've seen SO many cases of using TOO bright colors in trying to make a "realistic" version using real world materials, instead of paint or digital)

But again, there are cases that are just getting to much flak.

Like in your example Koh:
The colors may not be super vibrant... but there's MORE colors in the DS remake. In the other two its RED, REDS EVERYWHERE (and one case of purple for contrast).
Heck, the airship is pretty vibrant there, so's the lava.
Honestly, it just looks like there's a dull orange (FROM THE LAVA) over it, rather than brown.

Do I like colorful games? Yes. But really, I just like it when the color is used effectively.
Brown everywhere works sometimes.
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by: Gwen

Messages In This Thread
"Realistic" Color Vs Versatile Color - by Koh - 08-20-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: "Realistic" Color Vs Versatile Color - by Terminal Devastation - 08-21-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: "Realistic" Color Vs Versatile Color - by Koh - 08-21-2014, 05:40 PM