Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Quirby's seemingly clever assortment of Pixels
I know that this may kind of sound harsh, but I gotta be honest and say that a lot of your sprites really feel rushed and just don't look all that great.

There's a lot of anatomy issues with Mario, the Quote sprites feel very rushed, and to be honest you could have done a lot better with the kirby and meta-knight sprites. (That and I really don't know why you posted your meta knight sprite at such a large scale.)

Assuming that you are a beginner at this, don't fret, we've all been there at some point. My honest suggestion to you is to look at the spriting dictionary (this can be found within the sprite discussion boards under the important threads). that may or may not give you a few pointers on what you can do to improve your skills as a sprite artist. Once you get a better idea on the concepts and terminology in that thread I'd try to make something new from scratch and just focus on making a single sprite instead of trying to make a ton for the sake of showing them off.

I'd also try to avoid making more kirby sprites as well and try to do something out of your comfort zone. Maybe it could be Link, Maybe it could be Sonic, or it could be Samus. All I'm saying is try spriting something that isn't just based on a circle.

I hope that this may help you for the next sprite you make.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quirby's seemingly clever assortment of Pixels - by DioShiba - 08-11-2014, 08:09 PM