Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Is it the "Authentic" Experience?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it's like playing it how it should.
50.00%
6 50.00%
No, it's no different than playing on an emulator.
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Consider Virtual Console as "Authentic Experience?"
Generally speaking I try to choose Virtual Console over emulation whenever I can. It's not so much a question of morality to me so much as the fact that I like to support my favorite game giant whenever I possibly can. There are a lot of outlying factors though, like obviously I'm not going to purchase a game I already own on a cart, and then there's whether or not I actually have any money to spare (usually I don't), whether or not the game is even available on VC, and how broken the game is to play (sometimes you just REALLY need savestates).

I do have one major complaint with the Nintendo Virtual Console, however, that does tip the scales a bit in favor of emulation ...

I've been playing Majora's Mask on my Wii U lately (technically the Wii console), and boy is the controller layout on this thing just straight up stupid. It honestly makes it a bit tough to play, and playing the ocarina is a huge pain in the ass. This wouldn't be so bad if you could actually change the button inputs to your liking, because I can see how a different setup would work much better using the same controller, but you are stuck using the setup that Nintendo chose for you. At least in the case of emulation you have controller input options. (Although N64 emulation is honestly pretty shitty in my experience).
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Consider Virtual Console as "Authentic Experience?" - by Jermungandr - 08-12-2014, 10:09 PM