Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FIGHTING TITANS !!! EXTREME GAMEPLAY !!! SICK GRAPHICS !!! RADULAR CHARACTERS !!!
The thing about Draking and Draqueen is that they're literally members of the same species: one is the male form, and the other is the female form. while there is a large degree of sexual dimorphism at work here (think of Peacocks and Peahens), there could still be more, for the sake of further diversifying the roster/the difference between the two.

I've started to fiddle with the idea of making Draqueen a bit more "robust" than Draking for this reason. (though I won't bore you with any of the biology babble about these fictional creatures) But yes, the head-swap and palette swap principles do apply to the design sensibilities of Fighting Titans in general. I actually have some sub-species/variation designs for some of the titans that appear on the roster, but they won't make an appearance as playables in this.

To answer some of your questions, Lexou:
when it comes to charging, I would think that being able to move while charging up an attack would be there, so it's more of a blinking/flashing effect that would be applied to a player while they're charging their attack.
Also, it's important to note that when you've fully charged your attack, that is when a "special" is pulled off, so charging a melee attack fully would release the "specials" present on the sheet thus far. and Fully charging the bullet attacks would release a stronger bullet/ projectile special. This means that X would be freed from being excluded to specials and could be used as the Support/trap function.

As for element modifiers, now I'm wondering if I should make special armor assets that would be layered on top of the players, which would fall off and disappear when a new one is picked up. (this is actually more true to the initial concept of them wearing equipment to augment their powers) as a result, this could mean that a player's titan wouldn't change color based on elements, and there wouldn't be any conflict with an opposing player being the same color as an opponent if they happen to have the same element modifier.

As for how the elements work, I need to make some mock-ups. I'll use Kamekannon as the example for consistency, but there won't be any special armor/power-up assets added on yet.

I actually use the NES color palette that I've seen around:
[Image: 0vwwoyC.png]
I've also modified the boss sprites so they also use 3 colors. (I'm also working on a couple of boss ideas that might prove interesting)

Also, as it pertains to animation, I like what I've seen you do so far with that aspect.
Though I could maybe set up a spreadsheet to lay out specific sequences as I imagine them. Or maybe even a gif might be helpful?
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIGHTING TITANS !!! EXTREME GAMEPLAY !!! SICK GRAPHICS !!! RADULAR CHARACTERS !!! - by Sketchasaurus - 09-04-2014, 02:50 AM