Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FIGHTING TITANS !!! EXTREME GAMEPLAY !!! SICK GRAPHICS !!! RADULAR CHARACTERS !!!
i'd say indrigo and whipper as titans, the other two as assist characters (mostly cause no one wants to play as a jellyfish, and the cactus guy is too much like tropicaur imo)
and also because there are no insects currently and only knael is a mammal

as for that 10th guy, his name is usually "random" Smile

on that note wouldn't you wanna edit draqueen/king more ? face-wise i mean, cause i'm pretty sure players'll think that was lazy on our part...

okay so for me i just did something really cool, which is charging attacks
as physical attacks can be charged and appropriately have more range and damage
as an added bonus there's now a 2 frame cooldown on physical attacks so its useless to spam the button like a maniac whereas before it was an acceptble battle tactic
i'm still working on making the enemy AI charge their attacks properly

what i'd need as a priority now is a charge pose (yes it really would make a big difference don't be lazy boy)
now i dunno if it'd be better to have separate charge poses for physical and bullet attacks, or if it'd best for the opponent not to know what's cooking

second thing i need is for you to complete the default bullet sheet
i changed a few pixels here and there since last time so here ya go
[Image: VPS4BZy.png]

also now i work on the game as a 4 button game (ABXY i mean) like
A - melee attack
B - bullet attack
X - special attack
Y - jump
and i can switch the buttons around and all (potentially also L and R for assist call and something else who knows)
the reason i'm telling you this is because you keep saying "melee special" as if you wanted to also make distance specials ??
those wouldn't really seem necessary to me but whatever

also man more urgent than making new characters is to start thinking of exactly what happens to each bullet type when element modifiers are picked up

just so i know do you try and go for 32-value colors like the GBC and GBA ? (its obviously not the NES palette cause there are no pretty yellows in that)
im not sure i took that in account when i changed draqueen's palette ill check later

yeah i still dont have a gif for you guys but you know what ill try and give you guys an .exe next time so y'all can tell me how you like the playability

um sketchasaurus why dontcha tell me how long the animation frames last, i chose my own durations which work ok but i'd like to know what you had in mind

and one last thing how come bosses only have 2 colors + alpha ?
make full use of the palette on them big sprites why dontcha ?

i think that's about it for now then till next time
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: Sketchasaurus

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIGHTING TITANS !!! EXTREME GAMEPLAY !!! SICK GRAPHICS !!! RADULAR CHARACTERS !!! - by Lexou Duck - 09-02-2014, 12:29 PM