Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FIGHTING TITANS !!! EXTREME GAMEPLAY !!! SICK GRAPHICS !!! RADULAR CHARACTERS !!!
(08-25-2014, 09:53 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I'm curious what you mean by this. I'm not saying you shouldn't, I'm just wondering what about it isn't good/convenient.

i decided not to in the end since i learned how to use it after all

there were 2 things bothering me most

the first was that when adding an animation to a sprite, the first argument is an array of ints giving the order of frames, and the second is called framerate (like giving it 2 means the animation runs at 0.5 seconds per image)
but i just did this today, i went and rewrote it so instead you type in a second array, of floats, in which you state the individual duration of each image in seconds
so yeah i changed up their code but it works now

the second problem was that the collision function strangely returned false in certain conditions, but i realised it was meant to check collisions between large groups of sprite, so they made it performance saving, hence some inaccuracies
i made my own (that takes in account the z coordinate as well) and it works perfect

so all in all no problems anymore pretty much
if you're interested in how i rewrote the FlxAnimation class, i could hand it to you after i clean it up a bit (something that didn't work then and still doesn't, and im looking to fix it is the finished variable, that should be set to true when an animation is finished playing - i need it to kill the bullet sprite after it's done exploding so yeah ill get back to y'all on that)

and sketchasaurus i'm pretty sure getting it to load the spritesheet once and change spritetiles is way faster than making it parse the array of pixel data and make it selectively change shit out in the midst of gameplay but who knows
(on the NES that shit worked in games like ninja gaiden cause instead of having each pixel be in 0xAARRGGBB format, they only had 1byte per pixel, and palettes were determined separately)

im kinda sad to see you didn't answer my questions yet seeing as im not sure when ill get internet access again but ok

i wanted to ask by the way, im given to understand you wanted element modifiers to be chosen before the battle ?
they're way better as an in-fight pickup imo
and rather than having them be limited in time or in amount of attacks, i think the best would be that you keep it until you pick up another one

also i read the special moves, good stuff except
i didn't understand you meant for kamekannon's, could you explain that a little more ?

second instead of having tropicaur be a rhinozar clone, i think it'd be better to have his special move be him stomping the ground making a medium sized shockwave around him
i mean hell the frames you drew are perfect for it and its original

and on the same page draqueen and draking special attacks should be different too, like they're already practically recolors of each other, let's insist on differences to make em each feel unique

okay then im out, again saving this webpage and reading what you guys said later
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: Sketchasaurus

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIGHTING TITANS !!! EXTREME GAMEPLAY !!! SICK GRAPHICS !!! RADULAR CHARACTERS !!! - by Lexou Duck - 08-27-2014, 11:24 AM