Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FIGHTING TITANS !!! EXTREME GAMEPLAY !!! SICK GRAPHICS !!! RADULAR CHARACTERS !!!
Looking rad! it actually gave me an idea to include some of the features I've been saving for later installations of Fighting Titans!!
Also, it could be something to explore in the equipment/status menu GUI.

One of which is the concept of equipment slots. within the scope of this game, there would be three slots, possibly differing in use for the different species:
Helmets, Gauntlets, and shoes are the slots that I was thinking of initially, but this could change into 3 generic slots where you can put any type of equipment in. Some of these equipment sets would have the element modifiers (which is how I imagined them being in the first place, but with only one slot)
other items would augment a titan's stats, like increase speed, reduce knockback from enemy attacks, reduce charge rate, and maybe give special movement like persistent flight in the case of Hawkindle (he can't slip on ice patches or trigger floor traps, but he is knocked back significantly by attacks) these would provide a lot more depth to the meta-game as it were, and would allow for players to tailor their team to suit their play style, which is a huge design theme that I try to keep in mind. I also imagine that equipment would change how physical attacks would function as well, like a certain item would make one's punch work as a fake-out followed by a double-hit kind of move.

which leads me to the concept of special physical moves, which I've given special names for fun:
The sprites that are used for these moves are those in the third row of each sprite-set.

Tropicaur's "Conifer Crash"
Tropicaur rushes forwards, sprinting and bashing into anything that stands in its path.

Kamekannon's "Balistic Carapace"
Kamekannon withdraws in its shell and skids around the field in a wave pattern, bouncing off of walls and obstacles.

Hawkindle's "Phoenix rise"
Hawkindle flies up into the air and swoops down, knocking into opponents.

Rhinozar's "Eruption" (not yet sprited)
Rhinozar lowers its head and charges straight towards its foes. Similar to Tropicaur's Conifer Crash.

Knael's "Clawtana" (not yet sprited)
Knael slices and dices its foes by spinning with its claws out, moving in a similar fashion to Kamekannon's Ballistic Carapace.

Draqueen's "Royal Slam" (no sprite yet)
Charges at foes, hopping and stunning enemies in a radius of each jump. (those who are jumped on or collided with take damage)

Draking's "Royal Slam" (no sprite yet)
Like Draqueen's, but Draking flies up and swoops like Hawkindle for each jump.

I shall leave you with what I have for the player spritesheet as of today:
[Image: OIj2pNV.png]

EDIT:
I'll also use this as a way to refer to frames now.
[Image: l9FiePG.png] so I can say stuff like:
Idle animations: fr. 0 (.5 sec) fr. 1 (.5 sec) [Loop]
or if I add to a sheet, I can say stuff like: "I updated sprite C for *insert name*"

Also, I'm looking through some of my concept art to see what other players and helpers I could toss in. But for now, I want to iron out how the current roster works and the core gameplay before piling stuff on, because I'm getting rather excited at what this is becoming.
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by: Deathbringer

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIGHTING TITANS !!! EXTREME GAMEPLAY !!! SICK GRAPHICS !!! RADULAR CHARACTERS !!! - by Sketchasaurus - 08-23-2014, 06:38 PM