Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Community Pixel Hut (General Sprite Thread)
I couldn't have told at a glance that was a pixel-over, so it looks pretty good to me. The shading on the arms looks a little strange, however. They're not receding into the background very quickly, so there shouldn't be such a sudden difference in shading as they go into the sleeve. And now that I notice it, the proportions on this sprite look a bit strange. They look a little too realistic for something in Pokemon's style.

For that reason, it is not very good practice to trace existing drawings to make your art. You will learn more slowly drawing this way, and it does not teach you how to pose and draw anatomy correctly. On the other hand, referencing a picture and copying the pose is very common practice, so I would try that instead. Just try your best to reference real-world photos instead of drawings whenever possible. If you reference other drawings, your art might have the same issues the original drawing had.
Thanked by: ZedKEios

Messages In This Thread
RE: Community Pixel Hut (General Sprite Thread) - by DragonDePlatino - 08-10-2015, 01:15 PM