Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Community Pixel Hut (General Sprite Thread)
(11-17-2014, 08:41 AM)Midi Wrote: No character is unsuitable for pixel art, as long as you're willing to put effort into them. And I understand you like blurs and gradients, but the thing is, it's not pixel art if you don't put every pixel there YOURSELF, and not let the computer do it for you. It looks like the circle itself was drawn with a soft line or circle tool and then hollowed out with a sharp pen, which looks really ugly. Never use a soft tool in pixel art, because it makes pixels you didn't put or intend to put yourself, and has been stated before, adds a ton of colors to your palette. Pixel art isn't even using sharp/aliased lines and shapes; it's taking care of each pixel and keeping a careful eye on everything. It's as precise and meticulous as building with Legos or piecing together a mosaic (in fact, it's literally a digital mosaic). Keeping that in mind as you draw pixel art should help you improve.

Thanks for telling me that! Genki ^_^
I will try to do better in my next pixel art!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Community Pixel Hut (General Sprite Thread) - by MilesTheCreator - 11-17-2014, 11:41 AM