Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Community Pixel Hut (General Sprite Thread)
(08-06-2014, 09:33 AM)EpicEbilninja Wrote:
(08-06-2014, 07:59 AM)SmashBrosFan10 Wrote: Ive recolored it with the Nes color palate.how does it look now?Also im thinking of making a whole super smash bros Nes sprite sheet!

There are a lot flaws with Mario's design. Try taking a careful look at Mario's fighting stance( I mean from the actual games, or even from your profile image ). Pay close attention to things like his body, arms, legs, etc.

As Virtuaboy said, I think it would help to take a look at the Super Mario Bros. 3 sprites. I'm not saying you should modify this Mario into a fighting position, I'm saying that it may help if you studied the sprites and used a similar style.

Just ignore what I said earlier about outlines, I didn't explain well at all, so sorry if I caused a bit of confusion. For outlines, it may help to look at the Mario Bros. 3 sprites to see how they did theirs.

For a NES styled sprite, you would normally use 3 colors(plus a transparent color), but I don't think that's a necessary restriction for a new spriter to follow. Just try not to use too many colors for now( if it's retro styled, I think 4-5 colors would be OK ).
Thanks for telling me all the flaws and things i should try to make with the sprites.im trying to get better and better at custom sprite's.Im might try different styles like you said.Big Grin
Super Smash Bros Wii U!!
Thanked by: Mr. Jam

Messages In This Thread
RE: Community Pixel Hut (General Sprite Thread) - by SmashBrosFan10 - 08-06-2014, 11:00 AM