Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Game Models! (Updates on third post) (Update 03/02/2016)
(07-17-2014, 10:16 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Yeah, it appears that the models are pretty much set up so that everyone's unique bones are all merged to the same model so that Sega can use the same animations for each character, I think.

But yeah, a lot of the extra bones appear to be rigged to the alternate hand/face sets in particular, which is kinda useful. Although I personally would re-rig those to use the proper limb bone, it doesn't matter if you leave that as-is, as long as there's a method to separate those bodygroups.

What I've been doing is removing the bones that are not unique to the character, which are just a bunch of dead bones that aren't rigged to anything. (Ex. removing Cream's ear's bones on Tails) For every character I've gone through every single bone (Going to "Select by object" and selecting every bone in the scene) to make sure it's rigged to something.
As for the expressions and hands, they are all their own groups.Shy
Reason I bothered to say all this is, I wasn't sure what "Although I personally would re-rig those to use the proper limb bone, it doesn't matter if you leave that as-is, as long as there's a method to separate those bodygroups." meant...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonic Storybook models! (Update 7/12/2014) - by josh98 - 07-20-2014, 01:35 PM