Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What Are You Watching? |Special Edition|
(01-25-2015, 06:14 PM)Goemar Wrote: I am watching so much fantastic bad-TV. Storage Wars

i'm so sorry

My girlfriend told me about this show on Netflix and now neither of us can stop watching it. (Yeah, Netflix only. Sorry guys Sad)

It's called the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
[Image: unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt-slice.jpg]

It's written by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock and holy god doohickey jesus why is it so GOOD

So, basically the show centers around the titular character, Kimmy (who's 29) who spent 15 years in an underground cult in Indiana with three other women who were groomed and believed that the end of the world already happened and that they were the lone survivors...until they're rescued by a SWAT team. They're interviewed by Matt Lauer (ironically so as the reason the news story is popular is because of the interview of a witness to the scene was an Autotune the News clip [which, also is the themesong for the show]) on Good Morning America and on their drive back to the airport, Kimmy realizes that she doesn't want to go back to Indiana and would rather stay in New York, and thus begins Kimmy's adventures to living and adjusting to life in New York City.

Given it's a pretty serious plot with plenty of dark issues that are just brushed under the rug, the show never really takes itself seriously - which is arguably a good thing in this case (just watch it, dammit). The show is seldom gloomy, if ever and there's never really a dull moment; it's laughs from beginning to end - especially because Kimmy is like a big 14-year-old and she's doing a lot of things For The First Time Ever and...her approach to everything when it's shitty is always so positive and IT'S SO GOOD
(for example, the first "sensible things" she does with her quarter of the shittons of money given to her by charities is buy shoes with light-up soles and buy 5 pounds of candy from Dylan's Candy Bar "for dinner")

I think probably the best part is that given the circumstances Kimmy is in, she's probably the most normal person out of the entire cast of characters on the show. :V
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Shade, psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are You Watching? |Special Edition| - by Kosheh - 03-21-2015, 10:57 AM