Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread
(03-23-2016, 11:04 PM)Kosheh Wrote:
(03-13-2016, 02:26 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: I haven't actually started watching it, but I found a gif of an anime movie called Empire of Corpses on reddit and its a pretty good selling point if you ask me.

This gif sold me too. Hell I'm gonna look into this when I get a chance.

Meanwhile, I just started the new Osomatsu-san reboot (and I mean literally just started, just finished episode 2. Not gonna bother with the original Osomatsu-kun series from the 70's/80's)  I watch anime pretty rarely, so when a series gets my attention that's saying something.

[Image: df9d640fcf.png]

So far I'm loving it - it's got a very "what the actual fuck is going on" vibe; I guess comparable to Spongebob or Regular Show? (though comparing it to either of those to this is a real stretch)

They're a bunch of 11-minute non-sequitir (??? it doesn't follow an arcing plot, which is...something else I haven't seen in a while lmao) episodes that revolve around these sextuplets doing stupid shit, like getting a job or snooping on one anothers' daily activities. The first two episodes were just so good  and so goofy that I guess I'll watch the other 22.

Eh, that was easily the highlight of the film. After that point, there really isn't too much worth looking into. It just gets too buried in its own philosophies to enjoy it like a zombie movie. It ended up being about Frankenstein's monster and the concept of the soul.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - by Rhyme - 07-06-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - by psychospacecow - 03-23-2016, 11:56 PM