Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread
(02-12-2015, 08:17 AM)Kriven Wrote: I never could make heads or tails of anime movies when I was younger, but I'd watch them all the time anyway (we're talking when I was still in my single digits here, and VHS tapes!). This was one of my favorites. Recently found out that the "movie" is actually four episodes glued together, like the Donkey Kong Country "movie". Maybe that's why it didn't make sense. Also had one about Peter Pand and some kind of cloud car that I haven't been able to find...

Funny that you mentioned an anime from childhood.

Before starting school, I saw very obscure early Saban dubs of a few, which i think are hard to find in english other than Samurai Pizza Cats

There was Bumpety Boo, about a boy and his dog who went on adventures with a sentient car. The cars even hatched from eggs!
Most of the adventures were about looking for the Bumpety's mother, often getting chased by a big-nosed crook and his own sentient car.

Hakushon Daimaƍ was dubbed, for some reason, as Bob in a Bottle. We had it in Australia back in the early 90s along with the other two dubs mentioned above. It also seems to be really hard to find, even on YouTube. I've tried.

Me and my two older brothers didn't saw another anime until DiC's crappy dub of Sailor Moon. Glad the Viz Re-dub is on it's way.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - by Rhyme - 07-06-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: Sword Art Appreciation - Anime Thread - by Dolphman - 02-12-2015, 08:55 AM