Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat of Sprites
City Enemies [Enemies], Forest Enemies [Enemies], Laboratory Enemies [Enemies], Mansion Enemies [Enemies] - 4/9/2015

City Enemies
City Enemies
Forest Enemies
Forest Enemies
Laboratory Enemies
Laboratory Enemies
Mansion Enemies
Mansion Enemies

Dustforce (PC/Computer)

So after eventually managing to make a program to get the sprites, it turns out it isn't actually possible to extract them in a format usable for modding (or at least not in the same way the originals are). However, they just gave the the original sprites straight up (which apparently had been linked to on a reddit thread for ages; not sure how I missed that). So I'll just be using those now.

Still, it has been interesting deconstructing the format, and it's definitely a blast to discuss it with Matt (and even peek at some of the game's code!). If anybody's interested, my program's code is on GitHub; I've tried to comment it decently, so even if you don't know Haxe it might be worth a read. If you're into this kind of stuff, that is.
In any case, enjoy the sprites!

By the way, I've moved the "bosses" into Playable Characters because technically, they actually are. They're counterparts to the original characters in multiplayer mode, and never actually appear in-game as actual enemies. So I figured this probably makes more sense in terms of sprite organisation.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: redblueyellow

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat of Sprites - by puggsoy - 09-03-2015, 08:13 AM