Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
The Case of the Internet vs. Psyguy
Mirroring perhaps how some others feel, it's sickening that a genre such as sprite comics and TSR/VGR itself had somehow spawned from the influence of such a person. But I guess that's probably the least terrible thing that could happen, even if it does make me look back and retroactively think somewhat badly of past places and events that just happen to be somehow related to him. Fireball20xl always was an affiliate of MFZ... it still is a link there, I believe (not that it would still be if there were any administrators updating the site, I'm sure.)

Kindof had an inkling psyguy and his site might've been a bit iffy. A few sprite resources specifically tagged to disallow their hosting at his site gave me that impression, but I never really went there myself. This sudden revelation that he is an unsavoury individual did come out of nowhere, but looking back at some of the information from back when, the data was there. But nobody played the necessary game of "connect the dots" until just recently. And what a map it's creating, huh?

Regardless, as some have said, the best way to ensure Psyguy doesn't just 'disappear' until this blows over is definitely to keep it as a current discussion subject to keep the pressure up. It does feel odd to encourage such a behavior though (especially as former moderation staff), since it still amounts to what is basically an internet lynch-mob at the moment.

It is something of a morbid curiousity that I hope this does eventually go to court and see justice, aswell as the word of the law pass unavoidable judgement on his actions.
Thanked by: Dazz, E-Man, psychospacecow, Petie

Messages In This Thread
The Case of the Internet vs. Psyguy - by Petie - 07-05-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: The Case of the Internet vs. Psyguy - by Eno - 07-06-2014, 05:52 AM
RE: The Case of the Internet vs. Psyguy - by DoctorGrey - 07-06-2014, 05:44 AM
RE: The Case of the Internet vs. Psyguy - by Gors - 07-06-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: The Case of the Internet vs. Psyguy - by Gors - 07-06-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: The Case of the Internet vs. Psyguy - by Dazz - 07-06-2014, 11:45 AM
RE: The Case of the Internet vs. Psyguy - by Gors - 07-06-2014, 04:40 PM