Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
I finished all six games in Mega Man Legacy Collection for PC.

Mega Man 1 is more fun than people are making it to be. Sure, the platform enemies are sucking (because of the engine being not object platform friendly) and the die instantly on spikes is uncool (even tho not really that much of a problem), but I had my fun running through the game (even the Game Overs didn't hit me as much here). Still love the fact that most people (old me included) thought that all these bosses were random but most of them aren't. Fire Man happens to be the easiest boss for me and now I'm more scared of Cut Man than Elec Man (because he has one weird pattern).

Mega Man 2... nah... I'm going to pass on saying my opinion about this game... already ranted about it in the annoying games thread. Still hasn't changed my opinion about this game much... but I think it's no longer the worst of the first 6 games but more like the second worst. The worst I feel (at least for me) is...

Mega Man 3 and his great engine (and with great I mean a engine that is more unreliable than Eddies RNG item drops, hoping for an E-Tank to drop). Oh boy! I only played the Wily Wars version of this game (great version btw, game is great too) and I didn't had many issues with it, but playing the NES original was pure hell. Wonky hitboxes everywhere, inputs that got eaten by the game and making you look like a dumbnut in the process and glitches everywhere... the game could have been good, if the engine would actually work and the Doc Robot stages would have been more balanced (seriously, two bosses, that are almost impossible to dodge most of the time, which will deal tons of damage, while using  bad boss patterns, is not fun). I say this game is worse than MM2... never felt so much pain playing a Mega Man game (I should play MM2GB, at least this one is not eating your inputs).

Mega Man 4 was a fun experience. I never knew the Dust Crusher is so powerful in this game (it kills a lot of enemies with 1-3 hits). The only issues I had with it was that it's a bit too punishing when it comes to bossfights (the damage they deal seems higher than in most of the other games).

Mega Man 5 is my favorite of the first six games. As I know, its engine is more solid than MM3 and it has a good difficulty curve (at least for me). Sure most of the weapons are bad, but this game is great in getting you started into Mega Man, as you can do this game simply Buster only without having to rip out your hair. Bosses may be simple and easy unlike the other games, but they are challenging enough to make a newcomer sweat and are not as confusing as MM1s bosses. Why do people hate it? I really see no real problems with it (unlike MM2, I can play this game without having a salty cream in front of my mouth).

Mega Man 6 is my second favorite (close the same with MM4), but this game has issues with the jump button, which eats the jumping away from time to time and it also removes the function to jump out of a slide (which messed me up many times). The game looks really good for being an NES game and the music is also not as bad people make it to be (I personally get more migraines from MM2s soundtrack, like form its Wily 3 music, duh). The plot in this game (if you though MM5 was bad in this) is the worst I have seen in Mega Man... I mean... really? Who didn't expect Mr.X to be Dr.Wily? It's too god damm obvious that it was him all the time (even if you don't know that he was behind evil deeds all along the series).

One thing I disliked in all of them was the Wily stages. Why did no game, besides MM6, managed to have good Checkpoints in the Wily stages? I understand it kind of with MM2 for not having a corridor before them, but MM4 for example, if you die to the first Wily boss (the giant Met) you will be sent to the second half of the level. I have to redo half of a level because I died at the boss... that's a bit harsh (to quote Bomb Man here). Well, at least it didn't send me to the beginning of the level, what MM3 did on the Yellow Devil stage. Duh...

Now aiming for the challenges... got here and there a few gold ones already. Wow, there are people who cleared these challenges in only 10 secs here? I will watch them how they did... you... just stand there? The time limit goes over 10 sec even when your time is 10 secs? Okay...

Yeah, apparently some people have nothing but a cheated record time in Mega Man... yeah.

Did upload my livestreams on YouTube for those who are interested (they are mostly in German however). The only one I still need to upload is the MM5 and MM6 one, but I was and I'm still very busy... the last year in my apprenticeship is going to be rough.

Short version of what I said:
Liked the most|MM5 > MM6 > MM4 > MM1 > MM2 > MM3|Liked the least

EDIT:
Quote:made levels with lots of spikes. Is fun for me, but I get negative rating from others.
Well, not everyone is into the "instant death everywere and have to restart many times at the beginning of level" type of leveldesign.

I would need to see the level before I judge here, but I can say that nobody usually likes spike stages in MM in which every wrong pixeljump/-move results in death. It's not my style either to be honest, because Mega Man is not about the instant death and trial and error most people claiming it to be about. It's more about to aim your shots and perform tricky platforming, while increasing the challange and difficulty as the player progresses through the stage.

I myself enjoyed Mega Maker when it came out too, but now I lost interest, because the game is now more buggy than MM3 and they seem to add even more buggy stuff on top of it now, instead of fixing the huge and important problems and glitches which were already present in this game since v.1.0. How should I build a timing based stage when all my timing objects are activate everytime differently and when they go off sync all the time? Nah... better make the wind weapon (which was fine on its own) OP and add new enemies and weapons into the game.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: What Are you playing? Metroid, Mario, and Marvel oh my - by Hiro-sofT - 10-06-2017, 01:55 AM