Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
Played through Akumajou Succubus (Castlevania fangame with a busty "Simona Belmonte") like 4 hours ago. Pretty fun game, the ero stuff is ok, but doesn't affect the gameplay. Most of it isn't too detailed anyway as the sprite pics work with a lot of shadow and the sprites itself have a very low resolution.

Nice touch that the final boss room has a wall on the right where you can stock up your heart weapons before the fight. If I remember correctly, the original Castlevania had the same thing going on with stocking up before visiting Dracula. Never beat the two harpies, though (I accidentally glitched them out by fighting one of them before we could reach the boss area and died in the process. This teleported me somehow to the last area).

Also, continues and time are just getting counted, they don't limit how many tries you have or how fast you have to solve a stage. When you reach a new stage or a new subarea of a level, you start from there even if you had a Game Over. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to open the closed doors that appear here and there in the stages.

Ah yes, last but not least: Simona gets pushed back after receiving a hit, like in the original game. Jumping is bit getting used to, because you have to walk over the edge of a platform and THEN jump, so it's not Mario where everything is pixel-perfect. The most difficult part was the final boss phase 2, as this one moves kinda randomly while daggers appear out of nowhere and start chasing you.

All in all, good game and I my first Castlevania-like game that I finished.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: What Are you playing? Summer vacation edition - by Davy Jones - 07-30-2017, 07:41 PM