Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
dragon ball xenoverse...the first one for ps3 cuz that's all i got.
it's fun. the love is there cuz you can create a dragon ball z-style character and there are surprisingly a lot of RPG elements. gameplay is overall solid with a few quirks

i have three gripes against it:
1. finding the dragon balls should be like SUPER FUN, not extremely repetitive and tedious. i have to repeat the same quest over and over to get a SINGLE dragon ball, and what's worse is that everything is randomly generated, so there's at least a quarter chance that you will get the "key item." so having to restart over and over get's really boring and it would appear that maybe it was a last-minute thing added in. hopefully xenoverse 2 fixed it?
2. i love one-on-one battles, i don't really see much of a point to team battles tbh. maybe exceptions being against minion characters like frieza army/saibamen/cell juniors. but when it comes to fighting powerful opponents, the thing that bothers me is that the AI is broken in the way that they will gang up on you - like when i'm fighting 3-on-3, i will just go after whoever i happen to fly towards, yet their teammates will gang up on me like they can't fight my other teammates instead. it's pretty frustrating, especially when i'm trying to grind against strong opponents. (online matches are fine cuz we know how to play fair unlike the AI, lmao)
3. i can't go back and change my character's looks like whenever i want. i have to collect the dragon balls to do it instead (which sucks, refer to #1)
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: What Are you playing? The road to E3 - by miyabi95_ - 06-20-2017, 07:16 PM