Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
I haven't had a whole lot of time to play video games in the past couple of weeks (and also the last "long game" I completed was Earthbound, and I'm letting that experience kind of sit in my brain for a while), so I've just sat down here and there with that Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo Challenge game nobody on the planet actually played even though it was "free."

Well

It's pretty fun. Maybe that's just because it's my first Mario vs. Donkey Kong game, but I'm having a great time. My only real complaint with it is that the levels which don't require a specific Amiibo (and can be played by this cute little robot called Mini Spek) still require some kind of Amiibo to play, even though that Amiibo won't actually do anything. I feel like those levels should have been free-to-play loss leaders and Mini Spek just happens to be there if you don't scan anybody in. Other than that, the game is pretty fun. Probably one of the few games where I've enjoyed doing the same stage with different characters, since each one behaves differently and they aren't just Flying Sonic (oh sorry Sonic Advance i still love you).

TBH, this is the kind of game Nintendo needs to push the Amiibo line (that is, a game which actually uses the Amiibo for something and isn't just a Skylanders clone), and I wouldn't be the least bit upset if the Mario vs. Donkey Kong franchise disappeared and was replaced with a new Mini-Amiibo Challenge franchise that takes advantage of the full Amiibo range.
That might just be because Mini-Ike swinging that sword around would be adorable.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: What Are you playing? Dragon attorneys Sun & Moon edition - by Kriven - 10-31-2016, 05:37 PM