Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
I'm playing Paper Mario Color Splash and I'm really enjoying it so far. The only real gripes I have are:
-Roshambo Temples. Just 3 consecutive Rock Paper Scissors battles. Literally. Pick the right hand 3 times in a row to win. As a single minigame, I guess it's fine. But there are 8, and each one give you an exclusive card (not telling you which) for beating its respective Rock Paper Wizard. Beating all 8 wizards is also required to get the banner in Port Prisma (this is where I know there are fking 8). This may sound as a stupid complaint, but the ridiculous payout for beating each opponent ruins the game's economy, especially when you keep retrying for those blasted exclusive cards.
-Insta-Game Over action puzzles. Shit that actually kills me. You're basically thrown in a trail-and-error situation where it's not that hard to figure out what to do, but when you do, it may be too late.
-The Lost Sea is also annoyingly slow and the minigames at the grill are annoying as well.

The list of complaints doesn't include the battle system. I don't think it's that bad. It's certainly not amazing and a lot of elements make you broken to the point that bosses need a gimmick that require a specific Thing to counter it, just to be challenging. (Though they're pretty challenging in their own right. Not coming prepared really f's you up, even if you have the right Thing card.) But it still feels like I'm doing all the win stuff, so it's cool. I love the environments and music. The characters have a lot of personality, even for Toads. You can tell some apart by their mannerisms, even if they look identical.

I've collected 5 Paint Stars so far and unless something really messed up happens, as in it ruins the whole game, this game deserves my praise, as a later series Paper Mario game, not an early series Paper Mario game. This is not TTYD and the sooner you get over that, the sooner you may enjoy this. Or not, because we're not a bunch of characterless Toads.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: What Are you playing? Dragon attorneys Sun & Moon edition - by NICKtendo DS - 10-08-2016, 04:30 AM