Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
Been really into Hyrule Warriors Legends. I reaaally love this version, I already preordered the bundle DLC for packs on both this and the wii u version.

The game isn't just a port, they changed unit layouts and encounters a great deal. It ranges from minor things like new officer types appearing to completely new scenarios (only in adventure mode have there been super drastic changes to the scenario type.)

Furthermore, the rewards layout has drastically changed in the Adventure maps. For example, the first map only has level 1 weapons on it for all the characters who get new weapons. The only costumes are for Link, Zelda and maybe Ganondorf, but the remaining costumes will be on the other maps as I unlock them.

The level cap is 99 again, but now there are fourth level weapons that are basically the level 3 with super high strength. These replace the 8 bit weapons, which are absent (for now, who knows what will be in the dlc maps).

Previous DLC characters are now unlockable in the first Adventure map. Sadly the strongest two are the furthest away. Two of the other new characters can also be unlocked there.

I reaaaaaaaaaally love the officer switching mechanic. Adventure mode is really where it shines, where you can sometimes select up to 3 or 4 characters. When they allow that, you can basically cheese a level you have trouble with using Master Sword Link.

I also really like Linkle's extra scenarios. The levels are much more challenging than their counterparts in the main story, and they also have small aesthetic differences, like alternate times of day compared to the normal story mode. I also love the really upbeat, heroic version of the Zelda theme they play when you are on the final stretch of her levels, which I don't remember if it was in the wii u game.

All in all, I still love this game, even though I've already put a large number of hours into the previous version.
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: What Are you playing? Spring Cleaning edition - by TomGuycott - 04-02-2016, 01:36 PM