Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
(02-26-2016, 04:16 AM)JazzGW Wrote: Played through Valkyrie Profile a little bit...

It was good. It's not at all a bad game, but...All I ask for in a game is to give *me* something to do. Hitting a single button just to attack an enemy is not enough. I get it, the visuals are beautiful - I haven't seen great sprites like this game's for a while. I just wish it were more of an "action" RPG. This is the same issue I had with Project X Zone.

To be honest, I don't mind if an RPG is turn-based. However, I prefer something more to the likes of the Mario role-playing games. They keep the player involved 100% of the time despite being turn-based (quicktime events during battle, performing actions in the overworld, etc.). They don't hold your hand through the story at all - as the player, you do majority of the work.

I guess I should have chosen a harder difficulty in Valkyrie Profile? Would it have given me a better battle system where I can actually maneuver the characters?

How DARE you shame turn based RPGs!

In all seriousness, I think those types of games bank on the fact that the "something to do" that you mention is in your brain. They fall short when they fail to challenge you... You're not ever really THINKING unless you're being challenged. 

Really though.... I love my turn based RPGs. If EVERYTHING took a shift towards action RPG and they stopped making them turn based, I would honestly probably quit gaming.
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by water dog - 02-26-2016, 11:39 AM