Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
Project X Zone 2 is officially my favorite game of the year (which isn't saying much since the year's just started). Once Segata Sanshiro appeared everything just went CRAZY. It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.
I think this game has made me laugh far more than the first one did. It's just amazing.
Also they referenced Zoo Race. That alone is a thing to behold.
Actually, speaking of which... I wanted to say some things about the translation.

I usually take what I get from localizations, but I've noticed that there are a lot of things that miiiight not be just translations of the original text. Like, during speaking parts, sometimes how the characters speak don't quite match up with what the dialogue box says as far as tone goes. And there are quite a few cases in which a character speaks in English but the translation changes it up so it sounds more coherent to native English-speakers. Gemini from Sakura Wars seems to be a victim of this sort of thing the most.
Normally I give the localization the benefit of the doubt because I know it must be difficult deciding how to translate various speech patterns in a way that people will understand. But here... It just seems sorta odd. I mean, the jokes are still funny. But part of me is wondering just how faithful they are to the original. But then again, there are just some things that will get lost in translation, so you have to change it up.

Still, Project X Zone 2 is very enjoyable both gameplay and story-wise. I think it's a bit trickier to pick up strategies thanks to how they changed Cross Hits so that only Solo Units will contribute to that and not Support Units. And then there's trying to figure out which Solo Units work well with which Pair Units. I wanna see the various conversations certain characters will have, so I end up pairing bad units together (Don't put Leon with Chrom and Lucina, or Segata with Flynn and Yuri).
[Image: a22d393ddd.png][Image: ny_mono_2015.png](drawn by Kitsu)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Monobrobe - 02-24-2016, 05:14 PM