Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
(02-08-2016, 11:52 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Oh oops actually I stand corrected - I should probably say that NONE of Sony's PS2-anthology console ports are really that great, but I do have to admit that the Jak and Sly collections are actually really well-done. The GOW and Ratchet and Clank compilations kinda felt lazily done, though.

I can attest for the Sly collection. It felt really nice to play. It also wasn't nearly as laggy, despite also being on the Vita. Then again, the environments in the Jak and Daxter games were REALLY busy. The first time I went to the Haven Forest in Jak II I was like "HOLY CRAP THE LAG IS GONE!!" because it was so much more closed off and simple. It was glorious.
I really wish I could've had a better time with that series, though. Some of the controls were just... really crappy. Like the turrets and vehicles. And the constant guys crashing into you and flipping you over. Making you have to redo a mission because you ran out of time. So. Frustrating.

(02-08-2016, 11:52 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Wait, so you "started" the series but you...don't have a PS3? uh

wat

Like I said, I watched walkthroughs online. I know that's pretty frowned upon, but I had no other options. I wanted to know what they were like. And I got invested in the story so I wanted to know how it ended. I'm kinda impatient like that. At least it's been a while since I've last watched videos online purely for a game's story. I usually just watch LPers for the people playing the games.
So if I ever do end up getting Ratchet and Clank, I guess I'll stick to the PS2 versions.
[Image: a22d393ddd.png][Image: ny_mono_2015.png](drawn by Kitsu)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Monobrobe - 02-15-2016, 12:06 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM