Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
(02-01-2016, 01:58 PM)Monobrobe Wrote: Oh, so it's not? Well, that makes me feel better. It's just the PS3 version seemed to run so smoothly when I watched it. I probably shouldn't think about it too much, or I'll just start seeing issues everywhere and won't enjoy the games.

Oh oops actually I stand corrected - I should probably say that NONE of Sony's PS2-anthology console ports are really that great, but I do have to admit that the Jak and Sly collections are actually really well-done. The GOW and Ratchet and Clank compilations kinda felt lazily done, though.

(02-01-2016, 01:58 PM)Monobrobe Wrote: As for Ratchet and Clank, I haven't been able to get the series myself, so I've been watching walkthroughs. I just started the Future series and it's really nice. There's some sixaxis controls or whatever (They're motion controls, apparently?) that look kinda frustrating to deal with, but there's not too many moments you have to use them. In the first of the Future trilogy there isn't, anyways. It didn't look much different from Up Your Arsenal, just better graphics (and BOX PHYSICS). Of course maybe the other two (technically three because of that DLC) change a lot.

I wanted to try out the series too, but the Future trilogy seems to only be on the PS3, which is a shame, because I wanted to try them. I could get the collection ports, but I'm not so sure... Maybe I'll see if I can find the PS2 versions for cheap.
But besides that, I'm holding out until I get Project X Zone 2 and God Eater 2. Those are games I DEFINITELY want to spend my money on. And God Eater 2 was made for the Vita (and PSP) so it's gotta play well, right? ....Right?

Wait, so you "started" the series but you...don't have a PS3? uh

wat

The nice thing about the Ratchet and Clank series is that the gameplay actually sorta reminds me of a slowed-down, single-player Splatoon. It's not as intense, of course as Splatoon is but it'll be a big help getting back into the series as I'd feel a bit "overloaded" when playing it sometimes :/
You can actually find the Ratchet PS2 series for pretty cheap - I can easily find each game locally under $10 each and I've sometimes seen the trilogy sold online for under $10 total!
As a little crash course: The first one is alright, but it's easily overshadowed by the second and third, which introduce an RPG-style leveling system to weapons. The second one has you manually installing "mods" to weapons, but the third has weapon mods and stuff upgrade automatically and they max out at level 5, turning into completely different weapons. The second and third also introduce "arenas" (2 has just like "colosseum" fights, and 3 has obstacle courses and fights. 3's concept of "arena" play basically became a fourth standalone game, Ratchet Deadlocked) And I don't know if it's just me, but each subsequent entry in the series feels shorter than the previous one (I've heard "Into the Nexus" is only six hours long?! But then again, the idea behind the games is their replayability, which is literally the only way you'll accumulate 1 million bolts for the top-level weapons and armor: multiple playthroughs)

I picked up the Future series last week (literally, 1~3 and Into the Nexus in the same paycheck. Easier because ITN comes with a voucher for 2, which is digital-only) and they look incredibly pretty, but I want to finish the trilogy first. Tongue
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Kosheh - 02-08-2016, 11:52 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM