Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
(02-01-2016, 12:34 PM)Kosheh Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 08:46 AM)Monobrobe Wrote: Got the Jak & Daxter collection for the Vita. Starting to regret it. I usually like to think I'm pretty good at platformers, but the controls for the first game just feel weird. I mean, it says 2001, so I'm assuming that's when it came out. So I guess I can't blame it too much? So I finally get fed up with the game and decide to just watch a walkthrough of the rest of the game so I know what happens before moving on to the next game. The PS3 version runs infinitely better than the Vita version. I really should've seen that coming, but...
Someone told me that it's not just me, but I'm starting to doubt that.
I hate not having a PS3 sometimes.
Well, here's hoping the second and third games are better. I'm getting the same vibe from this first game as I did from the first Sly game. That vibe being "This will probably be my least favorite of the series."

It's actually legit not just you. The PS3 port isn't that spectacular either though from what I've heard.

AND SPEAKING OF WHICH I've been playing through the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection on PS3 (I'm more than 75% of the way through Going Commando) as I wanted to get an idea of what to expect when I go see the movie. However, the HD Collection ports are...really lousy and feel completely rushed, as there's broken models and textures don't display properly. :/ The game's still fun as hell though and I'm kinda curious how the Future trilogy is (though I've heard there's big gameplay changes in them...?) because frankly, this series is really starting to grow on me. It's like a mascot with a gun done right. ;P
Oh, so it's not? Well, that makes me feel better. It's just the PS3 version seemed to run so smoothly when I watched it. I probably shouldn't think about it too much, or I'll just start seeing issues everywhere and won't enjoy the games.

As for Ratchet and Clank, I haven't been able to get the series myself, so I've been watching walkthroughs. I just started the Future series and it's really nice. There's some sixaxis controls or whatever (They're motion controls, apparently?) that look kinda frustrating to deal with, but there's not too many moments you have to use them. In the first of the Future trilogy there isn't, anyways. It didn't look much different from Up Your Arsenal, just better graphics (and BOX PHYSICS). Of course maybe the other two (technically three because of that DLC) change a lot.

I wanted to try out the series too, but the Future trilogy seems to only be on the PS3, which is a shame, because I wanted to try them. I could get the collection ports, but I'm not so sure... Maybe I'll see if I can find the PS2 versions for cheap.
But besides that, I'm holding out until I get Project X Zone 2 and God Eater 2. Those are games I DEFINITELY want to spend my money on. And God Eater 2 was made for the Vita (and PSP) so it's gotta play well, right? ....Right?
[Image: a22d393ddd.png][Image: ny_mono_2015.png](drawn by Kitsu)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Monobrobe - 02-01-2016, 01:58 PM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM