Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy on eShop recently and played through 1 and 2 for the first time.
Metroid Prime 1 was great! It's exactly what you'd expect from a 3D Metroid game. Aside from the Artifacts and one switch I couldn't find without the help of a walkthrough, I had a blast and now I have the Fusion Suit to wear on my 100% run (I'm at the very beginning on Tallon IV on my second run).
Metroid Prime 2 did more wring than right and right now, it doesn't deserve completion from my end. Environments are bland, some bosses are bullshit (fuck you Spider Guardian and fuck the final bosses) and even with all the info I can gather in-game, I got stumped way more often than in Metroid Prime 1. It's an unintuitive mess. The light/dark world shit makes navigation a huge pain in the ass. Oh, and if you like collecting the Artifacts in Prime 1, you'll fucking love collecting the Dark and Sky Temple Keys!
And if this post looks like an excuse to rant about Metroid Prime 2, my left hand is still shaking because I timed out against Dark Samus, who I had no fucking idea how to beat without the help of the internet and even then I couldn't tell when the bitch became Dark Samus 4 until I had 20 seconds left. Yes, I am looking for an excuse to rant.

To summarize: Metroid Prime 1 = awesome. Metroid Prime 2 = shit.

P.S. I'm pleasantly surprised with the motion controls. I think it works better than using a C-stick.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by NICKtendo DS - 01-09-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM