Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
(11-29-2015, 10:35 PM)JazzGW Wrote: Played Mario Kart GP DX at a local barcade. It was really fun! I'm SO glad they made steering so much easier and they took out the generic auto or manual transmissions. They also added the ability to jump and drift - you press the left peddle while driving to jump, and hold it to drift and charge a boost. Very impressed with Namco right now, that I actually want them to make more driving games.

...is that local barcade Dave & Buster's?
That's like the only place that's licensed to have it in their arcades, IIRC. lol

I picked up a PS4 on Black Friday and bought like 7 games for it already. oops. I went out and bought Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for $15, and since it's literally the only other game besides Uncharted I figured I'd give it a shot to see how things run on the PS4.  Jesus Christ everything runs at 60fps and I don't know if I can handle that much fluidity - I actually get motion sickness at certain parts.

Cinemarella also noticed it's starkly different than the games I usually play, and I couldn't think of a better response than "yeah, this is basically a gamer's game for real gamers."
This then turned into a conversation of what a "gamer game" was: Basically, it's what my friends and I usually AAA games that are highly marketed to the core gamer audience, like Dying Light, Skyrim, Destiny or even...yeah, Tomb Raider. basically, the "Doritos and Dew" gamer. That also includes games though that require high amounts of grinding or ridiculous difficulty (i.e. Monster Hunter games or Dark Souls) With AAA releases, you're actually a casual in a different, sort of ironic way though.
She didn't necessarily agree with the flak of the hardcore gamer stereotype, because "That's like saying cinephiles only watch blockbuster films, or there's musicians who aren't enthusiasts unless they play classical pieces"

Like, it sucks but that's...shitty marketing teams and Hollywood at work. ;D

It also spurred a small discussion "Is that why Gamergate's a thing? Because female developers don't want to develop games that aren't about blood and tits and this upsets the core demographic?"
...no, that's kinda different - indie developers are an entirely different breed and that's an entirely different problem (certain devs want to create more avant-garde projects, and said devs are talking too large for underdeveloped turds of games. Gamers are upset, and for some reason both parties keep turning the argument into a gender/sex-based one)
There are female staff members working on big-name titles and designing aspects of them for big-name publishers, but it's just fine in those offices for the most part. There are still shitty sexist bosses and gender discrimination still occurs but it's more in line with the usual shitty sexist bosses and gender discrimination you'd find elsewhere in the workforce, rather than mushroom into a tremendous clusterfuck on social media.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Kosheh - 11-30-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM