Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
(11-13-2015, 04:14 PM)Yawackhary Wrote: I tried to play Crash Bandicoot 1 for the past two days. I feel like giving up on this game even if it still looks good for a 19 year old PS1 game. One word to describe it Gahhhhh...

It's the messed up save system. Have to find 3 Tawna icons, have to survive the bonus round and that's if I can survive some tricky levels first where one false move over and over again due to pixel perfect platforms, iffy camera angles (parts of the Lost City and especially the Temple Ruins) or randomised timing on things. (plus not every level even has one and bosses certainly don't) Meaning if you lose all your lives, it can completely wipe out any progress that you made and has happened at least 4 times so far. Once I had to redo 6 levels to get back to where I was.

tbqh and not to ruin your life here but
Crash 1 is actually skippable

I tried playing it myself not too long ago to try to get through the rest of the series - and it's fun for the first few stages. Then the whole game becomes a humongous chore, past the first boss and the terrible camera angles result in lots of leaps of faith.

Actually I'm pretty sure Crash Bandicoot 1 is why we have the term "leaps of faith" used to describe ridiculous platforming segments. But seriously, Crash 2 and 3 handle SO much better and are tons of fun to boot
Then just finish with Crash Team Racing and you've got yourself The Essential Crash
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? Summer drought edition - by Kosheh - 11-15-2015, 07:07 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM