Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
Been playing Steven Universe: Attack the Light for mobile off and on. I know I'm a diehard SU fan so IDK if my opinion means much but I swear this game. I'm just obsessed with it.

It's inspired by Paper Mario, what with being an RPG with turn-based combat and "action commands", different special abilities for each character, equippable badges, fluid toon animation, and witty/amusing dialogue. Like Luigi's Mansion, it's short but sweet. It can be beaten in a few hours but there are bonus stages, some pretty challenging battles and consumables/badges you can buy to help along the way.

Also like Paper Mario, you can choose what you say and get different fun reactions from the characters. All dialogue sequences actually let you proceed in the game too, save one part of the game. The game also lets you be a bit flexible in how you play, like aside from a few key items you need to proceed and obviously needing to clear a certain set of stages in order to beat the world, you can progress just about any way you want. You can beat bonus stages before you move onto the next world, and also no upgrade is really mandatory for the most part. Like if you wanted you could play through with no badges or upgrade one stat only (of course this would make things more challenging) and still make it alright. Ehh I guess you could technically do that in most RPGs but EHHH

I just fkin' love this game, I feel it's really well done considering it's a mobile RPG.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: recme

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? Summer drought edition - by Garamonde - 08-26-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM